Pages

9/30/2010

Wednesday, September 29th, 2010

I went to Discover New York this morning for 7:30 class. I handed in my paper, but found out that the paper was supposed to include three pages instead of the two I had written. I stayed up late working on that paper but atleast I hadn't give up. In high school, I might not have even done the paper because of the huge stress I was under. I had this paper tonight and then read a DIFFERENT 200 page book and report to write for Thursday. I was pulling out my hair. Brother Edwin came in to see how I was doing. I told him my dilema and he advised I showered and relaxed for the next half hour til night prayer, and started fresh. Well, I got the paper in. One down, one to go. I would take a break from this back-breaking mental labor and put my books down til that evening.

Today was the highlight of my week- by far. It was Apostolic Wednesday, so I went back to the Polish Sisters in Huntington, on Long Island. When we got there, one of the sisters came up to Brother Sean and myself asking "Who knows how to drive?" Now thats just giving a teenager sugar. An opportunity to drive. We both responded that we did, and then sister asked, "How about a bus?" Now I have never driven a bus before, but I did like driving my mom's mini-van when I lived at home, and I had driven the parish van a few times. Brother Sean said he wasn't familiar with driving one so, she gave me the keys and sister showed me out to the "bus."

The Benedictine Bus
Okay, so it wasn't as big as a bus persay, but it was like a boat. Sister asked Brother Sean and I if we wanted to go with her...I think "Where are we going?" and as if she was reading my mind (which I think nuns can do) she said "We're going to Costco." So, I went shopping...with nuns.


This is definately an experiance that I will remember for a long time. I went with Brother Sean with two Benedictine Sisters to Costco in Commack.



It was a great experiance and I had a phenominal time. I drove both ways and I didn't it anyone or any cars or anything. I joked with the sisters afterwards saying "...Man that was a great trip, I only wish I had my license." They either didn't care or didn't understand. I'm thinking it was the latter of the two. 

I got back to the house and took a nap til around 8pm. I started highlighting parts of the book that I thought were interesting to incorporate into the report, then went to Night Prayer. After that I stayed up til 3am this morning finishing my report. I learned my lesson. DON'T PROCRASTINATE (unless you have coffee available).

I even left a note on my door for Brother Chris (1) to wake me up NO MATTER WHAT I DID!


And just incase you cannot read my "3am chicken-scratch"...

Make Sure
I Get
UP.

I will try to
deceive you.
I will go
back to bed,
I will not
shower
I will miss
morning prayer
IF
you don't wake
me up!!

MAKE
ME
STAY
UP

...Though I was delerious, I think I made my point.

2 comments:

  1. I could only imagine shopping with sisters would be quite an adventure.

    I haven't seen a nun in a habit (sp?) in a while. The sisters of St. Joseph who were in my elementary school don't do it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, many nuns aren't in habit (sp is you're right) anymore and its a joy to see nuns in habit once in a while. Dominicans, Ursuline and Josephites have renounced it. It's rarely used but when you see it once in a while, it is a refreshing. Nothing's wrong with not being habit but I just don't want the nuns to drop the habit (no pun intended).

    ReplyDelete