Pages

10/04/2010

Thursday, September 30th, 2010

Thursdays with Marc doesn't flow as nice as "Mondays with Marc"... but I swore it felt like one. I understood what he was saying until he drew it out...THAT was when he lost me.


I can't get "Shopping with Nuns" out of my head. It's amazing how much old ladies in habits can influence you. I can't wait for next week. I miss the nuns that were at my high school, Saint John the Baptist. Sister Peggy, Sister Marie, but especially Sister Julia. She couldn't stand me, and I loved every moment of it. I would go out of my way to find her so she could role her eyes at my existence. It was all in good fun and she secretly loves me deep down, but I don't think she'll ever admit it. If you're reading this Sisters, please know that I say this out of love.

Now they came from all over. Men in black, Collars in white. They came in carpools, buses and horse and buggies. Yes, all priests from the Diocese of Brooklyn were in the house today and they came and they conquered. Called it DUH-DUH-DUH----


And we knew the diocese meant business when this spot was filled.


We (meaning seminarians) expected to hear screams of horrors and sadness as the diocese planned which parishes it needed to close and merge.

I plan to have a video put up of Brother Ralph with his recreation of what actually happened in the auditorium on the second floor. It's not a bad idea. It was pretty funny. I was laughing for a good ten minutes after he had performed his skit.

We had a optional Holy Hour and NP. It was beautiful.


We also had a Novena of St. Terese` of the Little Flower, so we had a picture of her displayed every night for nine days at the foot of the Tabernacle.

No comments:

Post a Comment