Pages

9/28/2010

Saturday, September 25th, 2010

I woke up at 9am to a phone call from my friend Tom at my parish. He's a fellow sacristan, and asked me to take his shift. I, of course told him I would do him the favor. What I didn't realize how that would have my day put into turmoil.

10am- I had a meeting with the Director of Religious Education (DRE) for information on my first class that I'm teaching next Saturday. That went til 10:35-ish and I had a wedding to set-up for and serve in my parish at 11am. I booked it over next door as soon as the meeting with the DRE was over, putting my collar on as I ran. I call it Collar on the Run. Thats the term I use when a seminarian or priest is late for a liturgical event...so I'm usually a Collar on the Run.

I served the wedding and ripped off my cassock and collar and threw on a nice black polo. I entered Collar-Stealth Mode or Undercover Collar so I could go to a varsity football game my brother was playing at. He even played with a cast on, but it didn't stop him. He didn't get his uniform yet, so he wore his school polo. He seemed really good and enjoyed himself. OH! I need to mention he's in the school band! Hahah. That's a vital piece of information right there. Hahah.

The football game started on time at 1:30. I went with him at 12 so he could warm-up with the band. While I was waiting, I came upon the most interesting thing I had ever seen.

The green one's are porter-potties. I call the one all the way to the left: The Barna Potty
 Mr. Barna is Peter's Band director and he's a big guy. It was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw it. I feel bad thinking of it, but there should be "...no shame in truth." I don't know if someone said that quote, but it sounds very poetic.

When the 4th Quarter started (around 3:45), the SJB Cougars were loosing. It was awful 20-13, Cardinal Spellmen High School seemed to be taking the cake, but in the last few minutes, the SJB COUGARS CAME BACK 25-20! It was definately my presence that made them win...I say that with all the humility I have. Hahah.

Got back to the parish at 4:30 or the 5pm Mass. I usually show up at 3:30 so I was in a crunch for time, so Peter said "Run Collar, RUN!" and just like in that movie, Forest Gump, "...I just ran."

Peter also helped me get everything done. I finished all except for lighting the Sacrementary Candle...woops. I honestly forgot. Ah, well, Monsignor Dreasen can reach. Hahah, I'm sure Tom will get it on Sunday. I stayed at the parish until Father Grieco drove me to my house for a little gathering of my parents friends.

I spent the rest of the night debating if I should take a late train into Jamaica station and arrive at 11:45pm. My dad said he wanted me to live, so I decided against it (like I had a choice, I wasn't allowed to anyway).

I should start reading my book for Wednesday's and Thursday's book reports...eh, it's late, I'll do it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment